Frequently Asked Questions
New Account Application for Individual
Who is eligible to open a Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad (“KIBB”) trading account?
Any individual who is 18 years old and above with no record of delinquency can open KIBB trading account.
Can a Permanent Resident (“PR”) of Malaysia or a Non-Malaysian be allowed to open a trading account with KIBB?
Yes. Please note that PR and Non-Malaysian are required to comply with the Foreign Exchange Administration (“FEA”) Rules and Regulations of Bank Negara Malaysia and any other applicable local and foreign regulation(s) or law(s).
How to open a KIBB individual trading account and a CDS account Online?
|Step 1 ||Go to KenTrade.com.my -> Open an Account -> Open KIBB Trading Account |
|Step 2 ||Fill in application form |
|Step 3 ||Make CDS fee payment via online transfer. |
|Step 4 ||Receive an email notification from KIBB. |
|Step 5 ||Begin your investment journey |
• This online account opening service is applicable for new clients only.
How do I deposit money to KIBB and start trading?
You may make an online transfer to either one of the KIBB’s collection bank accounts listed below:
Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad
|List of Panel Banks (MYR) |
CIMB Bank Berhad
Malayan Banking Berhad
Public Bank Berhad
RHB Bank Berhad
|Bank Account Number |
Please include your payment reference number to Kenanga.
How to activate your KIBB KenTrade online trading access?
Once your KIBB trading account has been successfully opened, an email will be sent to your registered email address to notify you to create your KenTrade user ID and password.
What are the documents required to open an individual KIBB trading account online?
- NRIC “MyKad” (for Malaysian citizen), “MyPR” (for Permanent Resident of Malaysia) OR valid Passport (for Non-Malaysian); and
- 1 copy of either one of the financial supporting documents:
- - Bank Passbook or Bank Statement or Bank Confirmation Letter
|You are required to take a photo of your MyKad, MyPR or Passport and financial documents for uploading during the onboarding process. |
What are the fees and charges to open an account?
A fee of RM10 shall be charged by Bursa Malaysia Depository Sdn. Bhd. for the opening of a CDS account.
How do I make payment of RM10 CDS fee?
Our system will prompt you for the payment via Financial Process Exchange (“FPX”) during onboarding process.
Will I be notified when my account is successfully opened?
You will receive an email notification from Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad (“KIBB”) once your CDS & KIBB Trading Account are successfully opened. You will also be notified via a letter of confirmation of your account opening from KIBB by post to your registered mailing address.
What are the brokerage fees and other charges when trading online?
Our brokerage rates for online trades are no higher than 0.60% and 0.30% for contracts below and above RM100,000.00 respectively, subject to a minimum of RM40.00. The rates are negotiable with our Dealer’s Representatives (“DRs”)
Relating to the sale/purchase of any shares, stock or marketable securities in companies incorporated in Malaysia or elsewhere—
- RM1.50 for every RM1,000.00 or fractional part of RM1,000.00 of the value of any shares or stock, subject to a maximum of RM1,000.00 per contract.
- RM1.00 for every RM1,000.00 or fractional part of RM1,000.00 of the value of any marketable securities, subject to a maximum of RM200.00 per contract.
0.03% of transaction value (payable by both buyer and seller) subject to a maximum of RM1000.00 per contract.
Sales & Services Tax “SST"
SST of 6% is applicable on the brokerages and clearing fees charged.
For any further enquiries, please contact your remisiers/dealers.
What are the forms required to open KIBB individual account manually?
• Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd - Customer Information Form
• Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd - Equity Broking Account Opening (Products) form
• Bursa - CDS Account Form (FMN070) in triplicate
• W-8BEN Form (optional) – For trading in US markets
Click here for Individual account forms