Who is eligible to open account with Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad?
Anyone who is above 18 years old with no record of delinquency can open the account.
How do I start trading online?
Step 1: Open Kenanga Trading account
Step 2: Sign up for KenTrade Online Trading account
Step 3: Depository
Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad
|List of Panel Banks (MYR) |
CIMB Bank Berhad
Malayan Banking Berhad
Public Bank Berhad
RHB Bank Berhad
Hong Leong Bank
|Bank Account Number |
How to open Kenanga Trading account?
|Step 1 ||Go to KenTrade.com.my and click on Open An Account |
|Step 2 ||Click on E- Form and complete E-form online |
|Step 3 ||Scan your form and supporting documents to KenTrade@Kenanga.com.my |
|Step 4 ||Dealer representative will contact you to assist you on account opening |
How to sign up for KenTrade Online Trading account?
|Step 1 ||Go to Open An Account then click on register for online account |
|Step 2 ||Read and Agree to “Client Account - Common Terms & Conditions" |
|Step 3 ||Select I’m existing client and click register |
|Step 4 ||Complete the form and submit (Click Submit) |
|Step 5 ||Contact your dealer representative for account activation or email to email@example.com |
What are the forms required to apply for a Kenanga Trading account?
(1) Individual or (2) Corporate
(3) Share Trading (Products)
Note: Forms(1) & (3) are mandatory for individual application; (2) & (3) mandatory for corporate application
(4) Supplementary Global Trading Forms for trading in US Markets
✔ W-8Ben Form
✔ W-9 Form
✔ Supplemental form for Individual (FATCA)
✔ Supplemental form for Non-individual (FATCA)
(5) Electronic Share Payment "ESP" Form
Under "Bursa Forms", download the following:
✔ Application for Opening of Account (FMN010)
✔ Bursa - eServices Form (FMN060)
✔ Bursa - Application for Updating of Account Particulars (FMN020)
What are the documents required to open Kenanga account?
| Individual Application |
- Photocopy of NRIC OR
- Photocopy of Passport (for Foreigner)
- 1 copy of the following financial supporting documents:
- Bank Passbook / Bank Statement / Bank Confirmation Letter
- RM10 CDS opening fee + 6% GST on fee
| Corporate Application |
- Bank Statement / Bank Confirmation Letter
- Form 8 or Form 9 – Certificate of Incorporation
- Form 13 or Form 20 – Certificate on Change of Company name (if any)
- Form 24 – Return of Allotment of Shares or Latest “Annual Return”
- Form 44 – Notice of Situation of Registered Office
- Form 49 – Return giving particulars in Register of Directors, Managers and Secretaries
- Annual Report or Audited Financial Statement (latest)
- Memorandum & Articles of Association (M&A)
- Note: All documents to be certified true copies
- Extract of Board Resolution
- Authorized Signatory(ies) & Specimen Signatures
- NRIC of authorized signatory
- RM10 CDS opening fee + 6% GST on fee
Are foreigners or permanent residents of Malaysia allowed to open an account?
Yes. PR residents and foreigners would need to comply with all the requirements under the Exchange Control Rules and Regulations of Bank Negara Malaysia.
How do I submit my account opening documents?
Pursuant to Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and Bursa Malaysia Depository Rules, clients need to submit original account opening documents to us for verification.
Do I need to be present in-person to open account?
Yes. Please make an appointment with our dealer’s representatives to assist you with your application and to witness your account opening documents.
What are the brokerage fees and charges to trade online?
Our standard brokerage rates are 0.42% or minimum RM28 per contract. Other charges are stamp duty (0.1% round up) fees and clearing fees (0.03%). Standard GST of 6% is applicable to brokerages and clearing fees.
What are the fees and charges to open an account?
A charge of RM10.60 (with GST 6%) is levied by Bursa Malaysia Depository for the opening of a CDS account.
How do I open an account if I am residing in overseas?
If you reside outside of Malaysia, you are required to download account opening forms
online and prepare the documents required. The documents are required to be attested by a Notary Public.
Will I be notified when my account is open?
Once your account is opened, you will be notified via a confirmation letter from Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad.