Frequently Asked Questions
How secure is online trading?
Online trading is safe and secure. Nevertheless, we recommend the following practices for additional account protection:
- Do not share your Login ID, Password and Trading PIN with anyone or response to any unverified request.
- Always use latest operating system and internet browsers that support TLS.2. All browsers and application software should be upgraded to support SSL 128-bit encryption. The Secure Sockets Layer is a protocol that provides security and privacy to conduct transactions over the Internet. The SSL protocol protects HTTP transmissions by adding a layer of encryption. This ensures that all transactions are not subjected to eavesdropping, tampering or message forgery by a third party.
- Always check that our website address appears with https:// and a security icon in the form of lock or key appears when authentication and encryption is expected.
- Use the website address (URL) or use bookmark to enter the online trading website, and avoid accessing the website through hyperlink embedded in e-mail, internet search engine and suspicious pop-up windows
- If you suspect any unauthorized use of your Login Password and or Trading PIN, please notify us and change your Login Password and Trading PIN immediately. In addition, you should also periodically change your Login Password and Trading PIN.
- Monitor your online account regularly, review all transactions promptly and be concious of red flags (i.e. unusual or irregular transactions)
- Ensure your account infomation such as telephone number, email address and login password are updated and to be alert of any anauthorised changes.
- Disable any wireless network functions not in use and choose encrypted networks when using Wi-Fi.
- Protect the computer or mobile device by activating the auto-lock function.
- Install reputable anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware programmes and update them as and when they are released.
How do I retrieve my login ID and password?
Please contact KenTrade Support Team
at toll free 1800-88-2274 (Monday-Friday, 8.30am till 5.30pm) for further assistance.
What if my login ID is blocked?
Your account will be blocked if you have made 3 consecutive unsuccessful login attempts. Please contact KenTrade Support at toll free 1800-88-2274 (Monday-Friday, 8.30am till 5.30pm) for further assistance.
What if my login ID is suspended?
Your account will be suspended if you have not signed in more than 6 months. Please contact KenTrade Support at toll free 1800-88-2274 (Monday-Friday, 8.30am till 5.30pm) to uplift the account suspension.
What if I encounter error message “Invalid ID or Password” while trying to sign in?
The login ID or password that you entered does not match against the information maintained in system.
Kindly take note user IDs default as upper case characters while password is case sensitive.
What if I encounter error message “Your user ID in use” while trying to sign in?
The error message is caused by an improper logout from your previous login session. Always click on <Logout> to exit Trading Hall or exit from mobile application. The system will reset your login session after 1 minute and you will be able to login thereafter.
What if I have forgotten my login password?
You may perform a password reset on the login page. Click on "Forgot Password" to key in your user ID and answer the hint question to register a new password. Alternatively, you may contact KenTrade Support at toll free 1800-88-2274 to request for a temporary login password.
How do I change my login password?
Upon login, click on “User Profile” and perform "Change Password" to submit a new password (Alpha numeric minimum 6 characters).
What if I have forgotten my Trading Pin?
Upon login, click on “User Profile” and perform "Forgot Pin", answer the hint question and the system will prompt to register new Trading Pin (Minimum 6 up to 15 numeric characters).
How do I change my Trading Pin?
Upon login, click on “User Profile” and perform "Change Pin", register the new Trading Pin (Minimum 6 up to 15 digits).
How do I change my secret question and answer?
Upon login, click on "User Profile" and “Change Secret Question & Answer” to answer the hint question. If the answer matches, system will allow you to register a new question and answer.
What if I have forgotten the answer to my hint question?
Please contact KenTrade Support at toll free 1800-88-2274 (Monday-Friday, 8.30am till 5.30pm) for further assistance.
Does KenTrade allow simultaneous logins?
No. Please logout from the first device or call KenTrade Support at toll free 1800-88-2274 (Monday-Friday, 8.30am till 5.30pm) to reset your login.
What will happen if I left my pc unattended for a period of time?
Your session will be logged out after a period of time and you are required to sign in again.